Wednesday, May 28, 2008

60 Years Together





Our beloved Nana and Papa celebrated their 60th Anniversary on May 18th...can you imagine? I can only hope that Joel and I see our 60th one day (mind you we'll be A LOT older than they are!!). Joel and I are celebrating our 10th this year, so this really puts things into perspective for me. They had a fantastic party held at my father-in-law's home, and it was all about family, friends, memories and food. We all pitched in to help, and our cousin Melisa and her husband Javier the Chef made the AMAZING food, and if you've ever seen our family eat, you'll know that we don't use plates- we just stand at the buffet table and stuff our faces. So, we were like pigs at the trough just feeding ourselves, not a care for any of the bewildered friends who just wanted to fill their plates before all the food was gone! I exaggerate, sort of. Anyway, I volunteered to make the cake, not only because I love my Nana and Papa, but because I also wanted to experiment a little. I came up with this creation, which I absolutely LOVE, and would SO love to make for someone's wedding...any takers?? We had a wonderful time celebrating with you, Nana and Papa, and we wish you all the love in the world, now and always. XOXO

1 comment:

Schnider Photography said...

wow... 60 years!
beautiful cake.