Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Connie's Movin' On Up!


Well, she's movin' on up...movin' on up, to the East side, erm, I mean Edmonton! Hee, hee! I've been part of a weekly playgroup for about 6 years now, and I have to say that it's my favourite day of the week because I get to spend some time with some really wonderful and inspiring women. I've formed many a bond with these girls, and we've shed many a tear and had a million laughs as well together. Well, one of our founding members, Connie is moving to Edmonton next month, and she will be sorely missed. She's been a great friend and fellow mom, and we'll miss her humour, her warmth and her willingness to open up her home to 10-odd hopped-up-on-chocolate-chip-cookies children who will surely make a hurricane-like mess out of her attic and subsequent main floor! We had a gathering a couple of weeks ago to say farewell to our friend at Arlene's house, and had munchies and photos on a purple velvet couch on Arlene's dirt road out front of her house(sounds weird, but looks awesome!). I made her a farewell Stilletto shoe and shoebox cake-so cool!! I've been dying to try this, but it took the right occasion. We wish you the best, Connie, and hope that someday you'll pop into playgroup when you're in town. (photo courtesy of Click Photography!)

3 comments:

Holly said...

sounds like a wonderful group! best wishes to connie...

Connie said...

Thank you so much for making such a stunning centerpiece for my farewell party Amberlea! When Christine first told me about the party, complete with photo shoot, I was so excited...not just at the prospect of having a blast with the photo shoot...but I was hoping secretly to score one of your great cakes! I am really going to miss you and your beautiful girls. You are always a source of encouragement and an inspiration. I wish you all the best as Cake Chic takes off. See you Tuesday!

Jenn @ The Ring said...

WOW, that cake is incredible! (I caught it while raiding Click's blog tonight) LOVE it.

Jenn @ The Ring
info@theweddingring.ca